Saturday, October 27, 2007

Today's Two Beers



Rogue Imperial India Pale Ale
To me, there is no such thing as too much hops. It's like having too much money. Newport, Ore.-based Rogue Ales is one of my favorite breweries because they mix radical thinking with quality ingredients (and they never use preservatives or chemicals). This intense, complex IPA comes in a 750-ml ceramic bottle and has been known to put hair on peoples' chests. If you like lots of hops, this Rogue's for you.

St George Golden Ale

I've had some very good brews from St George, but this one isn't one of my favorites, maybe because I don't love golden ales. That said, it did have a nice citrusy taste to it, which was pretty enjoyable on a unseasonably warm October night. St George is based in Hampton, Va., which is the hometown of a certain ex-Philadelphia 76er, whose trade last season pretty much made me stop watching them play on a nightly basis.

No comments: