Sunday, October 28, 2007

Today's Two Beers



Sierra Nevada Harvest Fresh Hop Ale
Sierra Nevada's popular Pale Ale is the second craft brew I ever tried. It was 1993, and I was at a music-conference-related event. I ordered one for two reasons: I had never heard of it before (I like to try new things) and I wasn't paying (I was poor at the time, so I ordered the most expensive beer on the list). From the first sip, I was hooked, and since, I have tried every Sierra Nevada beer I could find. Harvest -- bottled for the first time this year -- is aimed at hopheads like me, and it did not disappoint. Plus, it comes in a 24-ounce bottle, which makes it twice as good.

Magic Hat Roxy Rolles
I've never had a bad beer from this funky Vermont brewery. Roxy Rolles is a somewhat spicy seasonal amber with hints of caramel and lots of delicious hops. Although it's marketed as a winter brew, this is one I would gladly drink any time of the year.

No comments: