Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Today's Two Beers



Moylan’s Moylander Double IPA
This beer's motto is "if one is good, then two is better"; who can argue with that? I don't know much about this Novato, Calif., brewery (I think they have something to do with the Marin Brewing Co., whose beer I have also enjoyed), but most of their brews could be classified as "big," which is fine by me. As far as double IPAs go, the 22-ounce Moylander is very hoppy and very malty but still very drinkable. If you aren't a hophead, don't even bother with this, but if you are, you will probably love this.

Sea Dog Porter
I'm not a big porter guy, but I have loved the fruit beers (blueberry, apricot, raspberry) made by this Maine brewery, so I decided to check this one out. It was good, easy to drink and creamy -- like a lot of other porters I've had. But any beer that has a dog on its label is OK in my book. Woof.

No comments: