Saturday, December 22, 2007

Like It Says, He Took It In The Butt



When Jim Rice (the greatest ballplayer not in the Hall Of Fame) retired, Roger Clemens became my new favorite player. A few years prior to that, I had the balls to wear a Clemens jersey to a game at Yankee Stadium and the courage to keep it on the whole time, despite threats throughout the game and on the subway from and to Manhattan. When Clemens left the Sox for the Blue Jays, I had no problem with that. When he sold his soul two years later and joined the Yankees, he became dead to me. He did the one thing a true Red Sox player never does: He became the enemy. I often wondered how he could do that to all of us in Red Sox Nation, but now I think I understand. He wasn't thinking straight after taking it in the butt in Toronto for two seasons. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Who knew the Rocket was an ass man?

No comments: