Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Eight Movies I'm Most Looking Forward To For The Rest Of 2007 (Alphabetically)



Atonement Everyone seemed to really love the book, and I have to say that I've become a James McAvoy fan (though the trailer for his forthcoming Wanted looks pretty, pretty, pretty bad).

Charlie Wilson's War Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and Ned Beatty working with director Mike Nichols and writer Aaron Sorkin? This probably won't suck.

The Diving Bell And The Butterfly The trailer for Julian Schnabel’s third film absolutely floored me. Here's hoping Butterfly turns more Americans on to great French actor Mathieu Amalric, who's probably best known here for his small-yet-pivotal role in Munich.

Grace Is Gone The people I know who've seen this have said it's very good and very depressing, which is fine by me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that John Cusack is as good in this as I think he'll be.

I’m Not There I'm not a huge Todd Haynes fan, but I am quite the Bob Dylan admirer. Christian Bale, Heath Ledger and Richard Gere are inspired choices to play the man, while the footage I've seen with Cate Blanchett as the mid-'60s Dylan has made me realize that the actress is capable of anything.

Juno Ellen Page's amazing performance in last year's polarizing Hard Candy means I will probably go see any movie she's in, and the trailer for this is as funny as any I've watched in 2007.

The Savages I would pay to see Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman read the phone book, so this one is a no brainer. Plus, the enjoyable Slums Of Beverly Hills proved writer/director Tamara Jenkins knows her way around a dysfunctional family.

There Will Be Blood The reactions I've read to P.T. Anderson's new film have been extremely passionate (from "masterpiece" to "I wish I hadn't seen it"), so I'm just glad that there's a movie this year that elicits that kind of response.

No comments: