Saturday, November 3, 2007

Today's Two Beers



Rogue Juniper Pale Ale
Like I've mentioned before, Rogue is one of my favorite breweries. I like their winter-only, 22-ounce Juniper Pale Ale a lot (and it's exactly what it sounds like: a pale ale infused with juniper berries), but it's a little on the tame side for a brewery with so many big beers. But given that it's seems to have won a bunch of awards, maybe there's something more to it than this amateur drinker can taste.

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
Speaking of breweries I love and big beers: This Dogfish Head limited release is 18% alcohol and far from subtle. The alcohol isn't overwhelming, however, and the thick chocolate/molasses sweetness is unlike anything I've encountered in any other beer. As I've written elsewhere, I'm far from a big stout guy, but this is one that blows me away. A perfect post-dinner beer on a chilly night.

No comments: